- The business was established by Terry Miles and Brian Platts in 1971, in modest premises.
- We remain a private, family owned and customer-focused organisation.
- Miles-Platts specialises in designing and manufacturing precision technical mouldings in high performance engineering polymers.
- Our coil bobbin, insulation cover and housing expertise is unrivalled and allows us to supply customers in over 30 countries around the world.
- We are vastly experienced in working within the electrical, electronic, automotive, medical, power, transformer, audio and wind energy sectors.
- More than 45 dedicated and highly skilled professionals operate from our Head Office and production facility in Blaby, Leicestershire.
- We provide a comprehensive range of value-adding engineering services from polymer selection and component design to tool making, CAD/CAM supported manufacturing, warehousing, proactive stock control and delivery.
- Over 50% of the products that we make are bespoke and engineered to individual customer requirements.
- We continually invest in the very latest technology to offer customers cutting edge solutions at the lowest whole life costs.
- Our quality assurance is underpinned by BS EN ISO 9001:2015 and UL accreditation together with a Quality Management system that is LRQA certified.
- We operate 17 mould machines from 25 – 200 tonnes and two overmould machines.
- To ensure repeatable processes and maximum flexibility and engineering support, we operate Arburg moulding machines.
- On-site product design using 3D CAD is supported by our own in-house tool room that is equipped with the latest 3D CAM machinery and high precision toolmaking capabilities.
- We have established manufacturing partnerships with South East Asia since 2000.
Call us today on
+44 116 264 3850
Also in this section
Call us today on +44(0) 116 264 3850
or click to Contact Us