Bringing together our core competencies of design, technical moulding and terminal insertion along with a practical knowledge of coil winding means that we are able to offer an in-depth knowledge of bobbins for solenoids, orfice mouldings and manifold mouldings.
We recognise the need to mould bobbins for solenoids that are fully crystalline ensuring they’re dimensionally stable and strong enough so the tube doesn’t collapse under winding pressure or during over-moulding processes.
Key features of Miles Platts solenoid bobbins,
- High performance engineering polymers
- Thin wall sections
- Start & exit wire slots
- Winding posts & routing slots
- Terminal pin insertion
- Integral IDC terminal pockets
- Perpendicular flanges for accurate winding
- Perfect layer grooves for orthocyclic winding
- Fill factors of >90%
- Dimensionally stable bobbin with high Cpk values
- Strong centre tube to withstand winding pressure
- Parallel cores with zero draft on tooling in critical areas